Friday, July 16, 2010

Gift Box and Tutorial

As promised, here is a tutorial of the gift box from yesterday. I also made another one to share with you. I love the black and white combination with Melon Mambo. Here's what you will need

Card Stock: 9" x 12"

Score horizontally at 1 1/2", 4 1/2", 7 1/2", 10 1/2"
Score vertically at 3" and 6" and at 1 1/2" and 7 1/2" just where shown.



Cut as shown.



Decorative Paper: 2 pieces of 2 3/4" x 2 3/4", 6 pieces of 2 3/4" x 1 1/4"

Attach DSP as shown below.



Put sticky strip on the inside of the box as shown.



Attach the 1 1/2" flaps so they are on the outside of the box and fold in.



Insert a brad at the top of each box side. I didn't use a ribbon on the teal box, however, I attached the melon mambo polka dot ribbon (13") to the black and white box.




Cut a piece of elastic cord (SU sold this a few years ago) Fold it in half and tie it at the end. Attach it to the brad, wrap it around the box and attach it again to the same brad. You only need the brad on the other side so it matches the other side.

The flower is made by cutting out four pieces of melon mambo using the scallop punch. Follow the instructions as outlined by Anne Krashel at My Creative Mess. Use a couple of dimensions to attach the bow once you have filled the box.

And there you have it! Have fun making and using these.

14 comments:

  1. This is an awesome gift box...love it

    http://www.white-fence.blogspot.com

    Zaheer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, LOVE, love this box! I'm thinking about making one for my Mom's birthday present! Thank you for the instructions! They were pretty simple to follow...once I got my head straight! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for the tutorial, I can't wait to make one of these myself!

    ReplyDelete