Monday, March 21, 2011

Flower Pot Card Set

With spring just around the corner, I thought I would share this project we did at a recent card club.  We started with a 4" clay pot and painted it using acrylic paint.  I have countless bottles of this in my basement from the myriad of projects my kids did in school over the years.  The open ended envelopes measure 6 3/4" x 3 1/2" so I cut 6 of the Old Olive at 3" x 11 (fold in half), cut 6 Whisper White at 5 1/4" x 2 3/4", cut 6 of the Celebrations DSP at 2 3/4" x 3", 6 Old Olive at 2 1/4" x 3 3/4"   and 6 Whisper White at  2" x 3 1/2".  I used a retired set for the image and greetings but there are so many sets you could use.  I'll be posting another set with a different design in a few days.  These make a great gift for Mother's Day, teachers gifts, and a spring birthday gift.  Once the cards are gone, the recipient can use the flower pot to plant something.

1 comment:

  1. What a fresh idea. Just came over from Stampin' Connections. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete